South Stream Seafoods Limited or South Stream Market (collectively referred to “SSM”) recognizes the importance of your privacy. This privacy statement (“this Privacy Statement”) explains how personal data is collected and used on www.southstreammarket.com (“this Website”).
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully. Your use of this Website means that you have accepted this Privacy Statement. If you are unwilling to be bound by the following terms, please do not use this Website. If you register as a member of this Website, after you have completed the membership registration process via this website and pressed the button “register”, it indicates that you have read and understood this Privacy Statement and agreed to how personal data collected and used as provided in this Privacy Statement. SSM reserves the right to change or modify the contents of this Website at any time and has the right to unilaterally change this Privacy Statement without notification. You should regularly visit this Website to find out whether this Privacy Statement has been modified, as your continued use of this Website indicates your acceptance of any change to this Privacy Statement. However, if the modification concerns how SSM will collect and use your information (including your personal data) (“Data”), we will ask for your consent prior to any modified use. “You”, “your”, “users” and “members” refer to any person and/or entity that access this Website for any reason.
When you register with us you can select whether you would like to subscribe newsletter for updates, news, and promotions relating to South Stream Market. If you would like to receive these notifications you must select the tick box on the registration page. If the box is unchecked you will not receive these notifications. If, in the past, you have chosen to be subscribed and you no longer wish to receive mailings from us please send an email to email@example.com and we will remove your email address from our records.
When you order, we will require your personal information. Without this information, we will not be able to complete the order. On completion of your order, unless you advise us otherwise we will keep your personal information for next purchase.
1. Collection of Data and its purposes
When you use this Website and/or register as a member of SSM, you may have to provide to SSM your Data including but not limited to your name, gender, age range, date of birth, contact details and email address. You agree to provide SSM such information voluntarily. You agree and understand that any Data you provided to SSM will be collected and used as follows:
- for verification of identity and record;
- for display on the membership portal when you use this Website, the Internet and other channels in managing your membership details;
- for analysis and comparison with other data in order to develop SSM products and services as well as market promotion programmes;
- based on your contact details (such as postal address, e-mail address, mobile, etc) to provide information to you on SSM’s food and catering products as well as services;
- to store communication contacting details;
- to generate survey on user traffic on this Website;
- for processing of your orders;
- for collecting payment, processing of any payment instructions and direct debit fees (as the case may be);
- for internal monitoring, including calculating any amount you should receive or owe, make payment to or request payment from you, and collecting any fees or enforcing guarantee granted to or granted by the users;
- daily operation of your account; and
- to implement your instruction, respond to your enquiries or those made in your name, and to provide efficient and responsive service.
If you do not wish to receive any information about SSM or any products and services information related to this Website, whether or not you have consented of SSM providing you such information, you can at any time contact SSM Data Privacy Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to indicate that you no longer wish to receive such information.
2. Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
SSM complies with Hong Kong laws including Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance in its policy and the ways it collects, uses, stores, discloses, transfers, protects and accesses Data.
3. Retention, storage and disclosure of Data
You acknowledge, agree and authorize us to retain and store the Data you provided in one or more databases of SSM, and to provide, disclose, access and transfer such Data to:
- any employee or department of SSM, contractor agent or its associated companies which deals with provision of membership services of this website;
- any contractor, agent or SSM’s associated companies which provide administrative, telecommunication, computer, payment, insurance, professional or other services to SSM and is engaged by SSM for the above purposes on collection of Data or relevant to the above purposes on collection of Data;
- anyone that SSM has to make disclosure to in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws, administrative policies or regulations;
- anyone who reasonably requires SSM to make the same disclosure in order that SSM can implement the purposes listed in this Privacy Statement.
You agree that SSM can disclose your Data in the following reasonable and necessary circumstances:
- e. in compliance of relevant laws;
- f. to execute or implement any terms of SSM users agreement;
- g. to protect SSM and its users’ rights, property or interests; or
- h. in compliance with this Privacy Statement.
SSM specifically states herein that it has not and will not sell your Data. SSM also will not provide, disclose, access, transfer your data to any persons other than the above.
4. Security of Data
SSM will use various security technologies and procedures to protect your Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Because of the nature of internet, SSM cannot guarantee the security on any transfer of Data. However, SSM will take all practical and feasible measures to ensure any Data collected by this Website will not be intercepted by any third party. You must be cleared that SSM advertisers or any website with links to this Website may collect your Data. You must read the relevant privacy statement carefully before you provide your Data to them. Your provision of your Data to any third party has nothing to do with SSM and SSM will not have any responsibility on such. If SSM receives relevant Data from a third party, it will retain the information in the usual strict secured and confidential standards.
5. Amendment to Data and contacting SSM Data Privacy Officer
You are aware that according to Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to access your personal data held by SSM and request amendment to your personal data. If you need to access your personal data held by SSM, please email to SSM Data Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
7. Use of Web Beacons
SSM may use Web Beacons on this Website or other websites and allow third party to place Web Beacons on this Website to monitor the effectiveness of promotion or other legal purposes. Web Beacons are also called web crawler. It is an object that is embedded in a web page or email which allows checking by website owner or a third party on whether a user has viewed the page or email. It is usually invisible to the user as its size is generally very small (1x1 gif) and has the same colour as the web page, document or email. Web Beacons are identified as HTML IMG on web pages. Users can click on the information option on the web page to find out whether Web Beacons are used on the web page. Web Beacons can link to personal information. For example, advertising network uses Web Beacons to add on personal information the web pages a person visited and based on such information to add a particular kind of advertising bars. Web Beacons can also be used to independently track the number of people visiting the website.
8. Links to third parties’ websites
Please note that SSM provides links to third parties’ websites as a service to users. SSM is not responsible for the contents on such web pages or how information is collected. The privacy statement of these websites may not be the same as that of SSM. SSM recommends you to read and understand its privacy measures before submitting any information.
This Website is intended for general audiences and does not plan or intend to collect Data from underage below 18. To respect the privacy of underage, underage below 18 should not provide any Data on this Website. SSM recommends that parents monitor their children when they surf on this Website.
10. Member registration
SSM will retain your Data after you registered as member of this Website. Your Data will be retained not more than one year after the termination or expiration of your membership or termination of the membership plan and thereafter erased. After you have provided SSM your data which can be verified your identity, you may receive telephone calls, email or direct promotional mail with information on products or services on promotion from SSM. If you do not wish to receive such information, please email to Data Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.